Print & Social Marketing Marriage Tips
Often times we run across prospective clients who currently have existing print collateral their marketing team is using, and they even currently have some type of social media presence online. What they are missing 80-90% of the time is a proper marriage between the two marketing mediums.
For some reason, while browsing through a local discount coupon book/direct mailer the other day, this strained relationship became more evident than ever before. Out of the 50 or so ads that were in the book, only one company had a Facebook icon in their add. And that was it- no other social media presence, and no additional attempt to engage the reader into an online community where the client-provider relationship could be fostered.
The marriage between print & social medias doesn’t have to be a strained one. Like any good relationship, they should be working together, not independently, for the common good. Here are our favorite tips for ensuring your social media presence is highlighted in your print collateral campaign:
- Use social media icons or list your branded url addresses (i.e. facebook.com/emediainsiders) on your business cards
- Any marketing flyers, direct mail pieces, ads or brochures should also expose and promote your social media presence
- Use your print collateral to draw the reader into your social media community by offering an discount or price incentive for fans
- Use Constant Contact’s Text to Join tool to allow readers to opt into your email database via text, and in return instantly receive a coupon
- Create a twitter or instagram hashtag so readers can engage with other fans of your business- promote this hashtag on your print collateral
More often than not, your current graphic designer is familiar with these sorts of integrations and can assist you with coming up with unique and creative ways to make the most of your print & social marketing marriage.
If you’re business is in need of a “marriage counselor”, please contact our design team today at (951) 444-8623. You can also learn more about our various brand, web and social media packages by clicking this link.
Join us for a free 30 minute webinar covering “Social Media & Traditional Marketing” on Feb. 14th from 10:30-11am- click here to register.