Promote Your Pages for Free
It’s no secret that many small business are gravitating to social media, email marketing (as studies predicted) and other e-marketing tools in an effort to increase brand awareness and secure client relationships. For some, the growth is slow and steady (and it’s not going to happen overnight), but are YOU doing everything you can to promote your various online presences to your contacts?
There is a no-cost, easy, efficient and effortless way to promote your social media pages, email sign up form, RSS feed, and other e-marketing channels: your email signature.
On a typical day, I average about 75-100 emails coming in and going out. If you rely on email as heavily as I do to conduct business, I am sure you can relate. It’s still a surprise to me how many people have not set up an official email signature to promote their business. Every contact you make is an opportunity for someone to click, learn more, connect, read, visit and more importantly engage with you and your brand. Are you taking advantage of this FREE advertising for yourself?
Here are some suggestions for how you can structure your email signature:
- Include your name, title and company name
- Direct phone number AND also your email address (I know that sounds redundant, but it’s good practice to include it)
- Example Text: “Find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin!” Be sure those social media names are hyperlinked to your pages so that they are interactive.
- Website url (spell it out completely, i.e. www.emediainsiders.com AND hyperlink it. Some recipients won’t be able to get the link, but at least they can copy and paste the address into their browser)
- A link to your email campaign sign up form: “Sign Up to Receive Our Monthly Email Newsletter!” and hyperlink to the sign up form url address
- Are you a blogger? Why not also promote that page in your email signature?
Depending on what email program you use, you may or may not be able to insert links into your signature. If you cannot insert hyperlinks, then simply list the urls of your pages in a clean manner such as:
Find us on facebook.com/emediainsiders
Follow us on twitter.com/emediainsiders
Be sure that the font and size of your email signature isn’t overpowering. There is a lot of information being provided here, so be sure that while it conveys your various online personas, it doesn’t annoy or become distracting.
Your online presence should be reinforced with this practice- and it shouldn’t only be YOU doing it. Anyone who has a company email should also be promoting these pages. Email is a powerful tool. It’s a direct line to an actual person, who is sitting in front of their screen or their smartphone and reading what you have to say. Don’t miss an easy opportunity to gain more fans, followers and potential clients by failing to take this simple step.
Looking for more social media marketing tips? Be sure to check out the rest of our insider tips for awesome posts and suggestions. You can also learn more about incorporating an effective social media campaign by attending one of our workshops or booking a private consulting appointment.